Benefits of Cleansing
For some people, regular cleansing is a lifestyle choice; it’s a part of maintaining great health and wellbeing. Others may be feeling poorly, looking to kick start a healthier lifestyle or working towards specific health goals like weight loss. Whatever your reason for doing a Bodhi Cleanse program, here are some of the fabulous potential benefits:
- Increased elimination of harmful toxins and waste
- Increased metabolism and potentially aiding in weight loss
- Boosted energy levels
- Reduced cellulite
- Rejuvenated and refreshed skin
- Reduced sugar, caffeine and unhealthy food cravings
- Improved digestive health
- Improved mental clarity and concentration
- Reduced bloating and ‘heavy’ feeling
- Younger, brighter, more youthful looking skin
- The most important thing we can tell you here is DON’T BINGE. We’ve all had that thought process ‘ I won’t be able to eat chocolate for the next 5 days so I will fill up now’, trust me, this won’t help you.
- Start to prepare your body for 1-7 days before the cleanse. Drink plenty of water and eat a clean diet containing mostly fresh fruits and vegetables. Steer clear of caffeine, alcohol, soft drink, sugary treats and fast foods.
- When we say drink plenty of water, we really mean it. You will be drinking 400ml of juice 6x a day for the next 1-5 days, plus water! So you should be getting up to 4L of fluid a day. For most of us that’s no easy task, so start preparing your body now. Drinking plenty of water pre cleanse will also help to start flushing any toxins out of the body and the better you prepare for the cleanse, the more you will get out of it.
During the cleanse:
- Drink water, lots of water. Yes I know it feels like we are harping on about the water but we really do mean it. We know that getting down 2.4L of Juice per day is already a lot of fluid, but seriously, drink water too. When we say water, we mean just that. Not tea, not soda water, not milk, cordial or other juices and certainly not soft drink. If you feel bored with water, you can add some fresh lemon juice to jazz it up.
- Don’t water down your juices; we think these are created perfectly, just as they are.
- Sip your juices slowly and try to really swish them around your mouth and taste them. If you’re not used to drinking vegetable juice or eating many fruits or veggies this may be hard for you, but please try. Your mouth is your first point of digestion. You need those acids to start breaking down the foods and the flavours of some of these juices will help to stimulate digestion further down into the stomach. If you are not used to enjoying fresh fruits and vegetables, this is a good time to get your taste buds familiar with that earthy goodness!
- Continue with your normal exercise regime. If you’re not currently exercising now is a good time to start, but take it easy, a 30 minute brisk walk, daily should do it.
- Drink your juices in order, we didn’t number them 1-6 just for fun. We have taken a lot of time planning the Bodhi Cleanse menu and we want you to get the most out of it. Start each day with the Morning Elixir and work through the juices finishing with the Night Cap.
- Listen to your body. If at any point during the cleanse something doesn’t feel right, get in touch with us. Our promise to you is to support you through this. We will endeavour to respond to all emails as quickly as possible and answer all calls, however sometimes a response may take a little longer. Our guarantee is that between 8am and 6pm weekdays the longest you will wait for a reply is 4 hours.
- By now you should be feeling great! You're probably hungry for some solid foods, but whatever you do, don’t binge! Particularly if you’ve just finished a 5 day cleanse, you will need to ease back into solid foods. Heading out for a binge food and drinks session will leave you feeling bloated, sluggish and probably worse than when you started the cleanse, don’t un-do all that hard work now!
- Start with fresh salads, smoothies and steamed vegetables for 2-5 days. The longer you continue this the better you will feel post cleanse.
- Chew your food really, really well! Your stomach hasn’t had to break down large food particles for days now, so ease back into it. Chewing is the start of digestion so make sure you get it right.
- Continue with your daily cleansing rituals like dry skin brushing and drinking plenty of water. You should also have some fibre blend left, so keep taking it; we want your bowels to keep moving.